Last modified: May 4th, 2023
MyRideDNA, LLC (“MyRideDNA,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you install, register with, access, or use MyRideDNA’s (“MyRideDNA,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) mobile application and website (including the MyRideDNA app and www.MyRideDNA.com).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in our application and website, and] in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this app, and website.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company applications or websites, including websites you may access through our application and/or website.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Other websites and applications, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 16
The app and website are not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our app and website:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use our app.
- Automatically when you use our website.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use our app and/or website, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone number ("personal information") that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as Race, Sex, and Age.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in our app or website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our app and/or website, and subscribing to our service, and posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our app and/or website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our app and/or website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our app and/or website.
- Your search queries on our app and website.
You may also provide information for publication or display ("Posted") on public areas of our app and/or website, or websites you access through our app and website, (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.] Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use our app and/or website, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use our app and website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of our app and website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our app and website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. Our app and website also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. Our app and website collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download or access our App and/or website or delete it from your device.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our app and/or website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the app, website and/or our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages [or opened an email] and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use our app and/or website, or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties [may] include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. [For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.]
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with our app and website, and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when app and website updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our app and website, and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our app and website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use our app and/or website.
We use location information we collect to:
- Use our Record a Ride feature on our App.
- Any feature on our app and website that requires your location.
We may also use your information to contact you about [our own and third parties'] goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all MyRideDNA, LLC ’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MyRideDNA about our app and website `users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our website or app, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the app and website EULA. and for billing and collection
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MyRideDNA, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether to allow the app and website to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the app and/or website may become inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by unsubscribing to our emails. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt out by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.]
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the app and/ or website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our app and website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our app and website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App and/or website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our app and website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our app and/or website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
To register a complaint or concern, please contact us at email@example.com.